What we believe (the short form)
- We believe the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that men were moved by the Spirit to write the words of Scripture. Therefore, the Bible is without error.
- We believe in one God who exists in three distinct persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the second member of the Trinity (the Son of God) who became flesh to reveal God to man and to become the Savior of the lost world.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God to have fellowship with Him, but became alienated from that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, man is totally incapable of coming back into a right relationship with God by his own effort.
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sins. Therefore, salvation only occurs when a person places his faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as the sufficient payment for his sin.
- We believe that every Christian should live for Christ and not for themselves. By obedience to the Word and daily yielding to the Holy Spirit, every believer will mature and become conformed to the image of Christ.
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ of which Jesus Christ is the Head. The members are those who have trusted by faith in the finished work of Christ. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by loving Him and by making Him known to a lost world.
- We believe that Jesus Christ has gone to prepare a place for believers and He will come again to receive them (John 14: 1-3). The “blessed hope” of the believer is the personal, bodily, pre-millennial and eminent return of our Lord and this should have a vital bearing on the personal life and service of every follower of Christ.
What we believe (the long form)